Research ProjectsCopyright: RWTH
Master and Bachelor Thesis
We are constantly looking for students who would like to do their bachelor/master thesis in the research field of heterogeneous catalysis and technical chemistry in the group of professor Palkovits. In case you are interested please contact professor Palkovits directly. For descent applications, please add to your request: your CV, a certification with all examinations and a short motivation. Of course, all students can get an overview first about topics by contacting the group.
Throughout the year, various research projects are offered in the working group. In the following, current research projects are advertised. Students who are interested in doing research work with us as part of their studies are best advised to contact the respective supervisors. It is also possible to personally visit the working group to get an overview of available projects. Dr. Irina Delidovich will be happy to answer any general questions you may have.
At the moment, the following projects are offered in our group:
- Synthesis and screening of amin catalysts for the efficient production of allulose (Peter Drabo)
- Synthesis and characterization of metallic catalyst for gas-phase transformations (Julia Wohland)
- Electrocatalysis for the valorization of biogenic carboxylic acids to fine chemicals (Jerome Meyers)
- Structure-activity relationships of covalent triazine-based frameworks in the photocatalytic oxidation of HMF (Daniel Ditz)
- Investigation of the direct coordination environment of metal centers in single-site catalysts (Nina Sackers)
- Improving adsorption behaviour of Oxymethylene Ether on Hypercrosslinked Polymers (Christian Gierlich)
- Bimetallic base metal catalysts for the reductive amidation of biogenic acids (Moritz Haus)
- Applications of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry (Stefan Palkovits)