Jeff DeischterM. Sc.
Building: Sammelbau Chemie
Room: 38B 320
- Phone: +49 241 80 26577
Over 15% of the world's energy consumption is used for the reprocessing of chemical solutions. Adsorption processes are a cost and energy efficient alternative.
The aim of my work is to evaluate and establish adsorption as an alternative to previous methods of product separation in bioprocesses. I am investigating carbon-based adsorbents for the separation in fermentative biorefinery processes.
- Adsorption of amino acids, dicarboxylic acids and sugars in model solutions
- Adsorption in real fermentation broth (cooperation with Bio.VT)
- Process design and development of a semi-continuous adsorber
- Surface and structure modification of commercial activated carbons
- Characterization of activated carbons by N2-Physisorption, H2O-Sorption, Titration, Elemental Analysis, TPD-MS
If you are interested in a research internship, just send me an e-mail or visit me in my office.
To my LinkedIn-Profile